Minecraft fans are getting some pretty good news today. 4J Studios has just released a brand new Minecraft update. It’s version 1.89, and it targets the PS4.
This turned out to be a small hotfix update for the game that doesn’t bring any new features, but this does not make it less critical.
The update basically brings a bunch of fixes for various bugs that have been reported by the players, according to GearNuke.
This means that if you get the update, there are fewer chances that the game will crash and not work correctly.
The latest update is currently live on PS4.
Minecraft Update Version 1.89 Patch Notes For PS4
Here’s what the update brings new:
- Fix for a Zombie texture issue in Steven Universe Mash-Up Pack.
- Fix for Chests splitting apart on Chunk Boundaries – Split Chests will need to be broken and placed.
- Fixed Old Shulker Boxes Blocks loading as Purple Shulker Blocks instead of undyed.
- Fix for Dispensers not placing Shulker Boxes.
- Fix for MCCE #8829 – Nether Brick Fences required the Nether Brick Wall Recipe to be crafted.
- Fix for MCCE #8832 – Stone Slabs can be used to craft Purpur Pillars.
Minecraft is currently available for the PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, and Smartphones.
Minecraft Pocket Edition also gets updated
It’s also important to note that Minecraft: Pocket Edition has been recently updated as well with 2.1.94 APK Update.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is still one of the most popular games available for smartphones.
The reason why Minecraft: Pocket Edition has managed to stand the test of time even though it’s been a couple of years since the developers have released any new content is because the game is fun to play.
There’s also another reason behind Minecraft: Pocket Edition’s longevity in the gaming industry: mods.
After finishing Theatrical Journalism at the Faculty of Theatre and Television in Cluj-Napoca, Rada reviewed movies, books, theatre pieces and she also wrote articles from the IT niche as a content editor for software producers. At the moment, she is working with various online advertising firms.