Do you have an iPhone and you’d like to keep your tunes with you wherever you go? There are several methods you can use to move music from iPhone to Android no matter the OS you use.
The process is direct as long as your music is already synced, especially if using Windows OS, but in MacOS, you’ll need a third-party app like Android File Transfer or Google Play Music to sync the music to your Android phone.
iTunes will come in handy when you want to move music from iPhone to Android but this depends on whether the music is already synced to your iTunes library. This way, the process is already halfway completed.
The first thing you need to do is sync iPhone to iTunes and make sure all songs are in the library. Just be sure to use an authorized computer so you can transfer all iTunes purchases from the store to the computer.
If you didn’t buy tunes from iTunes Store, and there’s no link to your Apple ID, a third-party app will help.
How to use Windows to transfer music from iPhone to Android
To do this:
- Check that all your songs are synced to the iTunes Library
- Open iTunes
- Go to Library and select the songs you want to move to Android
- Copy the files to a new folder on the computer
- Connect the PC and Android device
- Go to the device’s Music folder and play your tunes
How to use Mac to move music from iPhone to Android
With Mac, you have several options to move your favorite tunes from your iPhone to Android as detailed below:
Google Play Music
- Open your web browser and go to Google Play Music
- Sign in using the Google account used in the Android device
- Click Menu>Upload music
- Click Select from your computer
- Choose the songs you want added, and open Google Play Music on your Android. Any time you’re connected to the internet, you can play your music. Alternatively, download them from Google Play Music to play offline
Android File Transfer
With this method, download and install Android File Transfer and connect your Android to Mac. Launch the transfer app and copy and paste the music you want to move from iPhone to Android. Eject the Android device once the transfer completes.
Did these methods help move your music from iPhone to Android? Tell us in a comment below.
Elsier is an avid tech writer, who loves mobile apps, games, music, and cars. When she’s not catching up on the latest in tech, she’s binging on reruns of her favorite series.