If you’ve just opened the Brawl Stars app and saw a new update, then you might wonder what new things have been added. We’re making it easier for you, so we rounded up everything you need to know about today’s update.
Brawl Stars 16.153 Comes With New Brawler!
As with most major updates that are planned overnight, the Brawl Stars 16.153 update had a bit of trouble at the beginning – you can read all about it HERE, where we also added all the balance changes you will encounter today in-game, so it’s a must-read round-up of patch notes!
Now let’s see what we can find in-game and what’s coming soon to the game, according to the Brawl Stars blog announcement.
Meet Carl, a super rare brawler that wields a pickaxe as if it were a boomerang. He also has a crazy spin as a Super, which damages all enemies nearby! Here are his skills:
Main attack: Pickaxe
- Carl has only one ammo slot which is instantly recharged after his Pickaxe returns
- Pickaxe returns to Carl after reaching max distance or after hitting a wall
- Pickaxe pierces through enemies
- Kicking the ball in Brawl Ball does not consume ammo with Carl
Super attack: Tailspin
- Carl increases his speed and starts to whirl his Pickaxe in a 360 degree radius damaging everyone around him
Star Power: Power Throw
- Pickaxe flight speed is increased allowing it to travel and return faster
Carl is said to be “coming soon” to the game, in March!
Brawl Stars New Mode: Siege
The next thing we cannot wait to see is the new 3v3 mode, called Siege. As described in the Reddit thread, this mode will certainly be fun:
- Each team has a home base that can defend itself with a cannon, and the goal is to destroy the enemy base
- Each team tries to collect “Bolts” that spawn in the middle of the map. The team that has collected more Bolts will construct a Robo during certain intervals of the game, the team can then help the Robo to push into the enemy base
- Since this game mode lasts longer, there are DOUBLE trophies, rewards, and XP!
- New in-game environment
- 3 New Maps
We’ll also see new community maps for Showdown, Gem Grab, and Brawl Ball, and new event rotations to include the new mode, with Siege added to the 4th slot.
Agnes is a technical writer, being in touch with reports to come up with the latest tech leaks.