UPDATE: the game got fixed!
Android optional update is now LIVE! Starter Pack bug and Android crashes are now fixed! ✅
Thanks for the patience!
— Brawl Stars (@BrawlStars) February 27, 2019
At the moment, if you’re playing on an Android smartphone, you might experience some crashes. The Brawl Stars team is working on a fix, so the game is now under maintenance:
We’ll have a short maintenance break to fix an error occurring with Starter Packs in the Shop. We’re also aware that some Android users are experiencing a crash on startup and we will release an Optional Update to fix ASAP!
CHECK BACK HERE FOR A STATUS UPDATE!
Ryan from Supercell also admitted on Reddit that the balance changes that were supposed to be live today were rushed and now the update needs to be fixed, which is why some people might not be able to play Brawl Stars on Android phones and should not update the game:
It seems there was a bit too much hype and the Update tried to go live overnight. We’re working on a fix right now. At the moment, do *not* download the update. It won’t work. Sorry for the confusion!
Brawl Stars Balance Changes 27 February
But since everything is down, and the game is not up yet, you should take a few minutes and read the balance changes that will come today – we’re looking at balance changes for Brawlers, but also for Game Modes.
First, let’s see the Nerfs and Buffs coming to the Brawlers, as announced by the team on the Reddit thread. We’ll see that Gene is getting a bit of tweaks, and Crow is getting just a little love:
Barley is getting buffed!
- Increased main attack damage per second from 640 to 680
- Increased Super damage per second from 640 to 680
Bo also gets some love.
- Increased main attack damage from 480 to 500
Gene is getting much better!
- Increased Star Power healing from 100 per second to 200 per second
- Increased Super projectile size from 150 to 200
- Super no longer deals damage
- Super can now travel through walls
- Super now charges 30% faster
- Gene Star Power healing effect is no longer shown to enemies
Crow‘s tiny tweak is not enough…
- Decreased main attack reload time from 1.5s to 1.4s
Leon should easily charge the Super in close range
- Decreased main attack damage in close range from 460 to 440
- Increased number of shuriken hits needed in close range from 8 to 9 to fully charge up the Super
At least Mortis is getting a skin…
- Decreased Star power healing from 1800 to 1400
Pam reload time increased.
- Increased main attack reload time from 1.2s to 1.3s
- Increased Superautocharging time from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
Game Modes Balance Changes
The Brawl Stars team tweaked Heist, now making the Safe health 40000 (from 36000). The Healing Mushrooms in Showdown will heal less in the endgame, Robo Rumble’s robots will target the safe when getting enraged, and Brawler item pick-up radius gets increased from 1 tile to 1.33 tiles.
We’re also waiting for a few more quality of life improvements, like a DND mode added in the social menu to mute invites while in a session, and the ability to sort Brawlers while in the menu when selecting one.