We talked yesterday about the incoming update in Brawl Stars that was expected to roll out his week, and the great news is that it just got released a few hours ago. However, because of some server issues, Club mail had to be disabled, but the good news is that Brawl Stars is online (after three hours of maintenance) and we get to see all the new stuff that Retropolis brought along:
Club Mail is currently disabled. You’ll get this error when clicking the button. We found a bug causing some problems, and have done this as a hotfix. Will update with more info ASAP! pic.twitter.com/TE6YX2Vsob
— Rlight (@RLighton) May 21, 2019
Let’s check out the patch notes. The latest update in Brawl Stars (v. 18.104) brings Retropolis, a new Brawler, new maps, balance changes, and a lot of content.
Retropolis – Release Notes (May 21)
The New EPIC Brawler – BIBI
- Main attack: Three Strikes
Bibi’s main attack knocks back enemies when her Home Run bar is charged.
The Home Run bar charges while having all 3 swings at the ready.
- Super Attack: Spitball
Bibi bats a bouncing ball of bubble gum that deals damage and can hit the enemy multiple times
- Star Power: Home Run
Bibi’s movement speed is increased while her Home Run bar is fully charged.
New Skins – Coming Soon
The new skins that were teased in last weekend’s Brawl Talk are: Hot Rod Brock, Bake Sale Barley, Road Rage Carl, and Maple Barley. They will not go live today though, added the Brawl Stars team in their blog post.
New Event: Retropolis – Coming Soon
Retropolis will bring along new menu music, menu background, and in-Game Music. It will too show up later this patch.
Balance Changes – Rosa, Frank, and Carl
Rosa – Nerfed:
- Decreased Super duration to 3.0 sec [from 4.0 sec]
- Decreased Star power healing to 200 per sec [from 300 per sec]
- Needs 10 hits to fully charge up Super [instead of 9]
- Main attack effect has been tweaked to match the area where damage is dealt
Frank – Buffed:
- His Super stuns the Siege base for the full duration [it’s back!]
Carl – Buffed:
- While using Super, Carl can pre-aim his main attack
- The Cooldown for the main attack is much shorter – he can use main attack for faster attacks when the Pickaxe returns after a wall hit
Along with the Retropolis update, a lot of maps have been tweaked to match the theme. You’ll see the following maps in Gem Grab, Heist and Bounty look a bit different:
- Gem Grab – Cell Division, Four Squared, Escape Velocity, Spring Trap, Double Swoosh
- Heist – Rolling Rumble, Bridge Too Far
- Bounty – Layer Cake, Dry Season
These maps were removed: Gem Grab – Bouncing Echo, Heist – Split Second, Corner Case
These maps have been added: Gem Grab – Cross Cut, Heist – Pit Stop, Side Story
- Rosa gets voice over
- Leaders & co-leaders can now send in-game mail to Club members
- Next week, Supercell ID 2.0 rolls out
The new update also comes with various bug fixes, which you can check out in the Brawl Stars blog post (linked above).
Agnes is a technical writer, being in touch with reports to come up with the latest tech leaks.