Who hasn’t heard of Minecraft? Minecraft is the most popular sandbox construction game ever released, and that’s provable thanks to the millions of worldwide players that still play the game. Nonetheless, the devs behind the title, Mojang AB, works hard to keep the gamers glued to Minecraft, and they’ve always managed to do that by releasing frequent updates that add new content and improvements to the installment.
And today, Minecraft 1.14 update, also dubbed as Minecraft Village & Pillage update, rolled out. As usual, via this patch, Mojang brought tons of novelties and content elements to the game. In reality, this Minecraft 1.14 update could be considered the most significant patch ever launched by Mojang.
In short, Minecraft is available on all the platforms, such as gaming consoles, PC systems, and mobile devices. Notably, on PC, Minecraft is the best-selling title with 30 million copies, being dethroned only by PUBG which sold 50 million units.
Minecraft 1.14 Village & Pillage update comes with new content, features, and lots of improvements
Minecraft Village & Pillage launched for Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft and brought dozens of enhancements, along with tons of new content and features. Minecraft 1.14 release notes read the following, as reported by Billionaire365:
- A new light source to cozy up your village
- Works great as a fireplace in a home, with no fire spread to worry about
- Throw some food on it and become a campfire cooking pro!
- Sweet Berries
- A new source of food
- Sweet Berry Bushes can be found in Taiga biomes
- Watch out for thorns!
- Bamboo Jungle
- Bamboo is now generated in Jungles and more densely in the new Bamboo Jungle biome
- New Achievements
- A plethora of Cats – Befriend twenty stray cats (20G)
- Kill the Beast! – Defeat a Ravager (30G)
- Buy Low, Sell High – Trade for the best possible price (50G)
- Disenchanted – Use a Grindstone to get experience from an enchanted item (20G)
- We’re being attacked – Trigger a Pillager Raid (20G)
- Sound the Alarm! – Ring the bell with a hostile enemy in the village (20G)
- I’ve got a bad feeling about this – Kill a Pillager Captain (20G)
- Roaming Skin Choice
- When choosing a skin from a skin pack, the selected skin will now be selected automatically on other Bedrock devices using the same account
- Some skin packs may not be eligible for roaming selection
- Accessibility Features
- Text to Speech can now be enabled to read the in-game chat
- UI Screen Reader can be enabled to say the name of interface controls and their current state
- Accessibility features can be enabled in Settings
But, wait, there is more. You can check the official Minecraft Village & Pillage release note on the following links:
Agnes is a technical writer, being in touch with reports to come up with the latest tech leaks.