Behold the new system update for Nintendo Switch – Nintendo Switch 8.0.0. It provides more stability to the overall user experience. Oh, we can’t forget a big plus: Joy-Con controllers have an update on their own.
With the new Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 firmware update, a lot is changing, from the transfers of data from one system to another to prevent the system from waking up in Sleep Mode to new features for the games. For instance, titles like Splatoon 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World have received new features, new regions, and new icons.
Let’s See What the New Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 Firmware Update Brings
- Software features are updated, and that means you can now sort them by clicking Select All Software from the Home Menu. Take note that the All Software option is available when you have at least 13 software icons on the Home Menu. You can sorter the software by the time last played, title, publisher, or total play time.
- News features are available now in the option of View All Available News. Go to News-Channel List- View More, and you can see the news for all the items distributed.
- New 15 icons are available for Splatoon 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World for your user. Go on My Page from Home Menu- Profile and edit your user icon.
- A great feature is available now for the transfers of your data between your Nintendo systems. Go to System Settings – Data Management – Transfer Your Save Data. Take note that the save data will no longer remain on your source system after the transfer is complete.
- If you give a closer look to your System Setting, you will see a Zoom feature. So go to System Settings – System and turn Zoom ON. After this feature is enabled, you can use the Zoom by pressing the Home Button twice.
- We were talking about the prevention of waking from Sleep Mode. This feature will prevent your system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected, and it also applies when you undock your console. Go to System Settings – Sleep Mode – Wake When AC adapter is Disconnected.
- Now you can restrict the availability of VR Mode with Parental Controls. You can change the settings from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit, and with a later update from Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app. Go to System Settings – Parental Control.
- New regions are available for selection in Region: Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea. Go to System Setting – System – Region.
- Save Data Cloud Backup- Save Data Cloud and Transfer Your User and Save Data – Transfer your User Data. Those names were changed, but the functionality remains the same as before.
The new Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 firmware update is now available.
Agnes is a technical writer, being in touch with reports to come up with the latest tech leaks.