Minecraft is one of the most popular games that allows you to construct anything you want, from a simple house to a grandiose castle. Players of the game can use their creativity to build the world of their dreams. For that, however, they need to first have some Minecraft virtual currency, which allows them to purchase various items in the game.
In order to get currency that can be used in this popular game, players have to redeem a Minecraft gift code. We will show you what are the steps that you need to follow in order to be able to redeem Minecraft codes.
What you need to know about Minecraft gift codes
If you’ve never played this game before, you will notice that there is a digital Minecraft card that allows you to buy Minecoins, which represent the currency used in Minecraft. You can use these Minecoins for anything that you want to purchase from the Minecraft store. There are several websites that provide players with gift codes, but be extremely careful before you choose one of them, as some of these sites are not legit.
How to redeem a Minecraft gift code
These are the steps that you need to follow if you want to redeem a Minecraft gift code for free.
- Head over to the official Minecraft Marketplace to redeem your code, where you will notice two options;
- Choose any of the two options and go through the registration process;
- Verify your account with the code that you receive in your email;
- Once you’ve created a Mojang account, you will be able to redeem your Minecraft prepaid card or gift code;
- You will need now to either enter a 12-character code in the Code Field (if you have a gift code) or the ten-digit code in the Code area of your card (you have to first scratch its silver part);
- Lastly, choose your username and then click on “Redeem”. Now you should be all set.
Juana loves to cover the tech and gaming industry, she always stays on the first row of CES conference and reports live from there.