Chromecast is Google’s ultra-portable media-streaming device that you can add to any home entertainment system, and simply plug and play to stream content from Netflix, Hulu, or your phone. If it isn’t working, it messes up your viewing party, but you need not worry because there are fixes for that.
How to fix Chromecast not working
- Restart Chromecast device by unplugging it and give it a few minutes before you plug it back in. Let it start up again and try to cast your device. This usually fixes the problem but try others if it doesn’t
- Restart your phone or computer
- Check your connection and router. Chromecast working on one device doesn’t mean it’s now fixed. Power cycle your router to rule out any issues by unplugging it and plugging it back in after a few minutes, reboot and try to connect again. If your device is behind the TV, it can cause poor connection as it won’t be getting ample juice to stream content.
- Connect HDMI extender and separate your Chromecast from the TV. For Chromecast Ultra, you can connect an Ethernet cable to the power brick
- Update Chrome browser if you cast from your computer. A newer version of Chrome may be available so not updating may cause Chromecast not to work or prevent cast button from displaying on different sites. Go to Chrome>More>Update Google Chrome>Relaunch
Elsier is an avid tech writer, who loves mobile apps, games, music, and cars. When she’s not catching up on the latest in tech, she’s binging on reruns of her favorite series.