If you receive an error message while trying to migrate a Minecraft account to a Mojang account saying the action failed, there are several checks you need to make first.
Mojang is in the process of changing to a single sign-in system for all the games they develop, and those they publish. This means after you migrate a Minecraft account to a Mojang account, you’ll have to log in to Minecraft.net, Mojang.com, and also to the Minecraft PC game client with your new log in details – username and password.
FIX: Account Migration From A Minecraft Account To A Mojang Account Failed
Here’s a checklist of the things you need to confirm before resolving the matter:
- Make sure you have all your login details correctly typed out
- Check that you don’t already have a migrated account with the same email address
- Make sure you fill in the correct email address from the time you registered your Minecraft account. If you aren’t sure which one is correct, try another one
Maybe the information you have is correct but the Mojang account you created is blank, or you have one from when you purchased a different game. To do this:
- Log into your account
- Go to account.mojang.com/migrate/import to migrate your account
Similarly, if you forgot the email address you used to register your account with, and can’t migrate for this reason, Mojang can migrate your account for you. To do this:
- Register a Mojang account using your current email address
- If you don’t have an email address, you can try and trace your location ID
- Contact support and give them the transaction ID and the email address registered to your Mojang account
For multiple accounts on one email address, you have to pick the account you want to migrate. This is because previously, you could have Minecraft accounts linked to one email address, but today that isn’t possible. If you have to migrate a second Minecraft account to a Mojang account, you have to use a different email and Mojang account.
Finally, if someone who knows your username and password migrated it for you, contact Mojang support to reset your email back to the original account. Alternatively, if the account is compromised, restore access by doing a password reset.
Any other service or support would require a transaction ID to prove your account ownership.
Elsier is an avid tech writer, who loves mobile apps, games, music, and cars. When she’s not catching up on the latest in tech, she’s binging on reruns of her favorite series.