Kodi is one of the best digital players out there, as it offers a variety of features and add-ons. Users can stream live channels, content from dedicated streaming platforms and IPTV channels. In order to use all the functions and keep your device secure, regular updates are a must. Read below to find out how to update Kodi and why you should do it.
The latest update
The latest version available is the beta for Kodi 18 Leia, with a stable version on its way soon. Users that prefer a table version can opt for Kodi Krypton 17.6.
How to install Kodi 18 Leia
- Go to the official website
- Look for the Download tab and click on it
- Choose your desired platform
- Click on Windows, and click on pre-release.
- Choose between beta and nightlies. Keep in mind that both are unstable, but nightlies are updated daily. However, they are only recommended for hardcore fans as they are highly unstable and unfit for daily use.
- Select your desired build and wait for the installer to download.
- Click on the installer and follow and wait for it to complete.
If you have an older version you can update it by following the steps presented above.
Why you should keep Kodi updated?
- One of the prime arguments is security. Older apps become vulnerable to malicious attacks, and updating keeps your system safe against possible traits.
- You should also update Kodi in order to benefit from the latest features. One of the newest updates coming to Kodi 18 are dedicated gaming functions and add-ons. Improvements to IPTV a host of new fixes address and optimize the functionality.
- New add-ons are also released constantly and they are only compatible with the latest version of the program. Do keep in mind that old add-ons may not work after the program is updated.
Remember to donate if you enjoy it, as it will keep the updates coming while also improving your experience.
Andrea Potvin graduated from Florida A&M University in 2016. Andrea is a Florida transplant, having grown up in Alaska. After graduating school, it didn’t take didn’t her long to decide she wanted to stay in the lower 48. Andrea has written for several major publications including Buzz Feed and the Huffington Post. Sandra is our community reporter and also covers world events.